NOT YOUR AVERAGE MEMBERSHIP.
As the only provincial organization with a dedicated commitment to growing food tourism, the depth of our expertise is unmatched. We are respected for our work in strategic experiential development, the unique networking opportunities we provide and the lasting partnerships we create.
Our dedicated staff are influencers. We are committed to supporting the development of world class food tourism destinations. We want you to be part of that story at home and beyond. Join us and help create a dynamic, delicious Ontario.
Become a member of the Culinary Tourism Alliance and assist us in advancing culinary tourism in Ontario. Some of the benefits include:
- Customizable destination profile page on OntarioCulinary.com
- 4 weeks of “Big Box” ad spaceon OntarioCulinary.com
- Full year of “Badge Ad” spaceon OntarioCulinary.com
- Exclusive access to online Culinary Calendar for you and your stakeholders
- Opportunity to provide sponsored content for all platforms
- Feature in one ‘Do Something Delicious’ newsletter
- Social media love when you tag @OntarioCulinary or use #FeastOn
- Membership Newsletter featuring news, resources & opportunities
- Representation for you to media, consumers and government
- Representation within TIAC, TIAO and the UNWTO including the Gastronomic Tourism Network
- Eligibility to serve on the Board of Directors
- Access to our Annual General Meeting with voting privileges
- Annual report on the successes and future plans of the Alliance
- %20 discount on General Admission passes to the Terroir Symposium
FEEL GOOD BENEFITS
- Grow food tourism in Ontario
- Contribute to the collective voice building Ontario’s food identity
- Support the annual Ontario Culinary Tourism Awards of Excellence program
- Access the wealth of expertise in food tourism development
- Stay in the know on who is doing what in food and tourism across Ontario
Our membership is made up forward-thinking Destination Marketing Organizations, Sector Organizations, Educational Institutions, Good Food Groups and Regional Tourism Organizations. Partnership fees are based on annual budget.
- Colleges & Universities $1000+HST/per year
- Annual Budget of up to $500,000 $1000+HST/per year
- Annual Budget of $500K – $1 Million $2500+HST/per year
- Annual Budget of $1 Million – $1.75 Million $5000+HST/per year
- Annual Budget of +$1.75 Million $7500+HST/per year
Our governance model requires Directors to be members of the organization. Individuals can join the CTA to serve on the Board of Directors, gain access to our research and resources and, of course, help move food tourism development forward on a global scale. Fee is $100+HST/year.
PAVING THE WAY
The Culinary Tourism Alliance is Ontario’s voice for Food Tourism through strategic partnership and authoritative, trusted advocacy. Members benefit from the CTA’s strong ties with the Ontario and federal governments. Our membership base has allowed us to, collectively, make some pretty incredible strides in Ontario. Some of the most significant work the CTA has accomplished include:
- Successful implementation of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sports 2005-2015 Ontario Culinary Tourism Strategy Development of a framework for the facilitation of direct connections between growers/producers and the hospitality sectors through our Forums on Food Tourism
- Expanded food tourism experiences through strategic development work with destinations across Ontario
- Establishment of the consumer website OntarioCulinary.com, including the Culinary Explorer and Calendar of Events
- Development of the Experience Assessment Tool that supports Food Tourism Development market readiness
- Provided input on the Local Food Act and worked to ensure is top of mind in future developments
- Active involvement with the Food Integrity Committee, the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario, the Tourism Industry Association of Canada, the United Nations World Tourism Organization and the Ocean Wise Advisory Committee