Last week, the Ontario Hostelry Institute announced there new crop of Top 30 Under 30 winners in the industry. As is tradition, these bright minds will be celebrated at a special reception at George Brown College in late March.
The Top 30 Under 30 awards aim to recognize the people working hard to make significant change in our industry. They are leaders who strive for excellence on a daily basis.
Each year the OHI looks for individuals who are not only great at their job but also show leadership or leadership potential and seek the betterment of the industry through their professional and or their industry related volunteer work. Over the years, we’ve had the opportunity to work with many of the winners on the list and are extremely excited to see two of our favorite woman were amongst the winners. Special congratulations to Alicia Kumagai (100KM Foods) and Andrea Peters (VQA Wines of Ontario) – it’s an honour very much deserved!
The 2019 Top 30 Under 30
- Daniela Alhanova, Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, Sheraton Executive Club Lounge, Marriott Canada, Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
- Wesley Bernard, Executive Sous Chef, The Drake Commissary
- Alex Bruce, Owner / Director of Operations, The Lark
- Richell Castillo, Executive Sous Chef, FABBRICA Restaurant, The McEwan Group
- Brandon Cebulak, General Manager, George Brown College, Compass Group Canada, Chartwells
- Andrew Craig, Outlet Manager, Fairmont Royal York Hotel
- Marty Demesa, Food and Beverage Manager, Drake Commissary
- Tania Ferlin, Sales Manager, Hyatt Regency Toronto
- Spencer Gibbons, Executive Chef, LaSalle Park Luxury Retirement Community
- Brooke Grégoire, Catering Manager, University of Toronto
- Rahil Hoque, Director of Operations, Ascari Hospitality Group
- Shauna Jaskot, Business Travel Sales Manager, Hilton Toronto
- Matt Johnny, Operations Manager, The Other Bird Restaurant Group
- Sahad Kassam, President, Hospitality, Food & Tourism Management Student Association, University of Guelph
- Joshua Kelly, Bar Manager and Sommelier, Biff’s Bistro, Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality
- Alla Kim-Shamashkin, Senior Sales Manager, Novotel Toronto North York
- Alicia Kumagai, Sales Manager, 100KM Foods Inc.
- Zac Kvas, Estate Mixologist, Wayne Gretzky Estates Winery & Distillery
- Emily Lim, Food Scientist, Food Innovation and Research Studio, George Brown College
- Jonathan Mann, General Manager, Parcheggio, Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality
- Haley Mumby, Wedding & Special Events Sales Manager, Deerhurst Resort
- Sztella Muzslai, Special Event Sales Manager, Chase Hospitality Group
- Danielle Nyholt, Human Resources Manager, Granite Club
- Laurie Oakes, Pastry Chef, 270 and 193 Bench Kitchen
- Chris Palivan, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Toronto Cider Festival Inc.
- Andrea Peters, PR and Marketing Project Manager, Wine Marketing Association of Ontario
- Arashasp Shroff, Restaurant Manager and Sommelier, CN Tower
- Emily Snider, Marketing Manager, Imago Restaurants Inc.
- Travis Traini, Consultant, fsSTRATEGY Inc.
- Kylie Walters, Assistant Director of Catering Sales, Fairmont Royal York Hotel
For more information on the nomination process, visit theohi.ca